Mindless Eating this Weekend!
With Turkey Weekend upon us, food will be in abundance, and difficult to limit, especially for the pumpkin pie lovers in the crowd!! See the below tips for how you can enjoy a delicious meal without mindlessly eating yourself into another clothing size!!
1) Think 20 Percent: More or Less: Serve yourself 20% less than you think you want!
– Studies show you won’t notice! You will notice if its 30% less!
– Think 20% more fruits & veggies
2) See All you Eat: Pre-plate your food.
– People who pre-plate eat ~14% less than those who take smaller portions, but return for seconds!
3) See it while you eat it: Leave empty wine bottles/used plates/discard bowls on the table.
4) Become an Illusionist: Use smaller size plates.
– 6-ounces on an 8-ounce plates looks better than on a 12-ounce plate
For more tips to avoid ‘Mindless Eating’ attend the Oct. 7th presentation ‘Are you a Mindless Eater?‘ in the TGH, Wellness Centre from 12-1pm – free!! Open to UHN Staff only!