BLT’s have never been so healthy! I think it tastes even better than the high calorie original! Give it a try and see for yourself! If you’re a sandwich lover, this is something you don’t wanna miss!
All you need:
- 2 slices of uncooked reduced fat bacon
- 2 slices of reduced-calorie white or whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tsps finely chopped scallion
- 1 tsp water
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup baby arugula leaves
- ¼ ripe but firm avocado cut into 4 slices
- 2 slices of tomato
Heat a large pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp on both sides, ~5 minutes. Remove to paper towels and drain.
Toast bread. Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, scallion, water, salt and pepper in a small cup
Lastly, spread one side of each slice of toast with mayonnaise mixture, layer with the arugula, avocado, bacon and tomato. Close the sandwich with the other piece of toast, cut in half and Voila!
Simple easy, delicious BLT!
P.s. If you like turkey or chicken bacon, fry up a couple pieces of that instead. It saves you from the extra calories of real bacon and still gives you that delicious flavour!