On the Seventh Day of Well-Mas, Santa gave to me Seven Fits A-Laughing.
Who doesn’t love to laugh? And it really is the best medicine! Laughter has long term health benefits and can actually make you feel better by helping the pituitary gland release pain-suppressing opiates. It is the fastest and most reliable form of medicine when it comes to relieving stress and improving your overall mood! Humor helps keep your emotions in check and can strengthen your relationships with others by generating positive feelings and helping to build connections.
Health Benefits of Laughter
- Lower blood pressure
- Workout your diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg, and back muscles
- Reduce certain stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline
- Increase memory and learning; in a study at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, humor during instruction led to increased test scores
- Improve alertness, creativity, and memory
- Relieves physical tension and stress
- Improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help fight against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems
In the words of Charlie Chaplin, “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” Laughter is a natural part of life so take advantage of it and laugh as much as much as possible! Talk to that person that can always make you laugh or sit down in front of your favourite funny movie – it will help you in the long run!