Carrot, Date and Feta Salad
This salad is great as a side but it can also be used as a crunchy topper for burgers or sandwiches. Don’t worry about it going bad quickly either, it gets better as it marinates a bit.
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- 1/4 cup feta
- 2 tsp honey
- olive oil
- lime juice
- Slice the carrots into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Soak in ice water until the ribbons firm and curl up, about 15 minutes, and then pat dry.
- Mix together to honey, oil, salt and lime juice.
- Add the carrots, feta, almonds and dates and toss.