Healthy Workplace Month is here!
This October, UHN celebrates Healthy Workplace Month. The goals of Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month is to increase awareness of three elements key to a healthy workplace:
• Health and lifestyle practices – the personal choices you make each day
• Workplace culture and a supportive environment – our psychosocial work environment
• Physical environment and occupational health and safety – our workplace surroundings.
At UHN we’re fortunate to have a healthy workplace program which many of you take part in. To celebrate the importance of health and well-being this month, UHN’s wellness program is offering a multitude of activities throughout the month of October, including:
– Wellness activity booths at Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret, and Toronto Rehab’s University Centre, Bickle and Lyndhurst lobbies, with freebies, information, prize options and seated massages
– Free exercise and yoga classes
– Cooking classes
– Creative arts programs
We look forward to seeing you all come out and join us!
What else is happening at UHN this week? Take a peek at Dr. Gardam in action on his treadmill desk http://www.uhn.ca/corporate/News/Pages/healthy_workplace.aspx