Walking can be incredibly valuable in so many ways. Looking for ways to incorporate more walking into your daily routine? Here are a few ideas:
• Schedule a walking meeting
• Get up and move around during a conference call
• Park farther away from work or the store
• Instead of email, try face-to-face communication and walk over to your colleague’s work station
• Take a walk around your workplace during coffee break
• Take the dog for a walk
• Walk to the store
• Take the stairs
• Get your neighbours involved and set up a morning or evening walking group
• Forget the remote control – get up to change the TV channel
• Take regular fitness breaks throughout the day and go for a walk or climb the stairs
• Join UHN Wellness for Wellness Walks on Wednesdays
For physical activity, fresh air, the opportunity to interact with others, while re-energizing for the afternoon, all UHN employees, physicians, volunteers and students are invited to join UHN Wellness for Wellness Walks on Wednesdays. Each walk will explore various routes throughout the UHN community, and will be approx. 2 km in length. Meet the group in the appropriate Wellness Centre.
To view the Wednesday Walk schedule, click here.
Would you like to receive weekly Wellness Walks notifications and route updates? Contact UHN Wellness at email@example.com or Ext. 14-4486 to add your name to the walking distribution list.
Not able to join the group on Wednesdays? Add your name to the distribution list to receive walking routes and resources for personal use.
The Labyrinth is an ancient spiritual tool, an individual walking meditation and a path of reflection. It is a place of release and renewal, a place to bring your questions or ask for guidance, forgiveness and healing. We experience many feelings and thoughts along the way. While walking the Labyrinth some people find peace and or a deep state of concentration. Many find insight, clarity and understanding.
Date: Monday, July 6th @ 2 – 3:30 PM
Please allow at least 10 minutes for your Labyrinth walk but feel free to stay longer to relax and reflect
Location: TWH 6th Floor Fell Pavilion Room 103
An initiative of the Spiritual Care Department at Toronto Western Hospital. For more information contact: Department of Spiritual Care at 13-5836