The Activate Your Commute campaign closed yesterday and we would like to send a friendly reminder to log your biking and walking trips to work for the month of October. You are able to go back and log your trips for the entire month of October. Even you log a commute once, you are still eligible to win fantastic prizes!
The winners will be drawn in a couple of weeks.
Halloween not only brings the ghosts and goblins out in full force, it’s the busiest commute day of the year with everyone rushing home to fix dinner, don costumes and hit the streets in time for trick-or-treating.
Want a happier commute on Halloween? Try one of these three R’s:
1. Reduce: If you can telework (work from home), or work from a location closer to home, Halloween would be a good day to give it a try.
2. Re-time: Think about shifting your work hours, starting and leaving earlier, for example, to avoid peak congestion times.
3. Re-mode: Consider walking, cycling or taking public transit to reduce the time you might otherwise spend in traffic. It’s one more way to activate your commute.
Happy Halloween from your Smart Commute Team
As a special promotion for the October Wellness Month, Market 707 is welcoming all UHN staff (with ID) for a 10% discount at Market 707 – your local shipping container food and retail market.
For those who don’t know, Market 707, located on the corner of Dundas and Bathurst right across from TWH, is Toronto’s first shipping container market with a unique variety of street food and retail. Bringing together local entrepreneurs, Market 707 provides an opportunity for affordable storefront space in the heart of downtown Toronto. With 11 types of delicious street food ranging from comfort food with a twist to international delights Market 707 is the place to be to get a taste of everything from coffee to dessert or just a quick snack.
On a bright sunny day Market 707 is the perfect place to take a break from the work day, get some fresh air, great food, shopping and services for everyone from cell phone to bike repair. Even if the weather is not so nice Market 707 has you covered, text a vendor and place your order it’s no problem at all, they will text you when it’s ready for pickup. The market has something for everyone crepes, Mediterranean, Indian, tacos, meat pies, Japanese and much more!!! Take a look at variety of great street food to choose from.
Market 707 Hours
October – April: Tuesday-Saturday 11:30am-5pm
Market 707 Vendors: http://scaddingcourt.org/market_707
TGH is opening a new designated bike parking area.
- Holds up to 100 bikes
- 24-hour use
- Secured by fencing and gate
- Access via ID card
- Free to TGH employees and volunteers
Access from Elizabeth Street just north of the 200 Elizabeth Street entrance.
Just a reminder that the first Walking Wednesday is taking place tomorrow.
The guide will be wearing a bright orange Smart Commute t-shirt. The exact start points for the three walks are:
• Yonge/Bloor: Cream Coffee Shop, 53 Bloor Street East
• St. Lawrence Market: corner of Lower Jarvis and Front Street, main doors to the market
• Kensington Market: I Deal Coffee Shop, 84 Nassau Street