Rustic White Pizza
By: Samantha Goren
I love this recipe. It’s great for when the whole family comes over for dinner. Kids love it too, so you can please everyone!
Number of servings: 3
1 whole-wheat Presidents Choice “flat bread”
½ cup grape tomatoes
½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ large buffalo mozzarella ball, hand torn
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, chopped finely
1 pinch sea salt
3 leaves of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Spread grape tomatoes evenly on a pan covered in parchment paper. Drizzle one third of the olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss to coat tomatoes. Place in preheated oven and cook 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes begin to split open.
- After the tomatoes are done, remove from oven and turn oven down to 350 °F
- Mix remaining olive oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush a thin layer of the oil mixture onto the entire pizza crust (including edges) with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle a very thin layer of shredded mozzarella. The mozzarella should not cover the entire pizza crust.
- Tear the buffalo mozzarella into small pieces and place gently on pizza.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes on pizza and finish with basil leaves.
- Place pizza directly on oven rack and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tip: Goes great with any green salad for a complete meal